Mission Ceiling Fans – For that Extra Bit of Warmth in Your Room
The recently growing popularity of Arts and Crafts style in home decor has lead ceiling fan manufactures to produce mission style ceiling fans specifically for this application. Mission style and Craftsmade style fans are somewhat synonymous and can actually be classified as Arts and Crafts fans.
Reasons for buying a Mission ceiling fan:
- Growing demand for these crafty fans.
- Great looking fans and add to the overall look and feel of your home.
- Efficiency of circulation is quite decent.
- Great when it comes to basing your room on something. These fans can act as the central piece of a decoration theme.
These contemporary ceiling fans are the rage nowadays and do really well in the market in terms of looks and functionality. Some of the options to look at are.
Best Three Mission Ceiling Fans
1. Casa Vieja Outdoor 52” Mission Damp Listed
A great look for kitchen or patio lighting. This Mission ceiling fan in dark bronze has five oak finish blades. Dual mounting hanging system allows for it to be hung from a downrod or flush with the ceiling. It is UL rated for damp locations. Light kit is included and uses two 60 watt bulbs.
- Long Warranty: You won’t have problems keeping the fans in proper condition in the long run, considering there is a 10 year warranty which comes with the fan.
- 60 watt bulbs included: These bulbs usually serve good enough to light up the entire room with its 60 watts.
- Wet rated: This fan is UL damp rated and is certified for outdoor use. A good feature at this price.
- Plastic: The look and the feel of the fan is rather plastic-like and tends to make you feel as if the price isn’t worth what you pay.
- Bulbs can be seen: There isn’t a bottom on the light so the light bulbs can be seen. Not exactly appealing to the eyes.
2. Hunter 54" 1912 Mission Ceiling Fan
This is a great looking fan which works like it looks, really well. There are five dark cherry or dark walnut switchblades. Can be installed in 3 ways and has a limited lifetime warranty as well.
- Looks brilliant: The fan does a great job in circulating air all around your room and is different class when it comes to looks.
- Very Quiet: The fan is hands down one of the least noisy fans out there.
- Gold glass: The glass covering the light is golden; hence the color is very pleasing in the interior.
- Big remote control: It is too big to use mounted inside the base which makes that part a waste of money.
- Inadequate light: The heavy plastic present makes the passage of light quite difficult which leads to wastage of power due to over-consumption.
3. Casablanca Mission Ceiling Fan with Inteli-Touch Control, Bronze Patina
This Casablanca fan is a master-piece with its huge 56 inch Signature teak blades which make it look great. The finish is in bronze patina. And Intelli-Touch 6 speeds wall control is included as well. The ceiling needs to be at least 9 feet in height. The motor comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Really quiet: The only sound when this fan runs is made by the moving air.
- Large areas are no problem: No matter how big the space is, this fan easily delivers air to every corner with is huge blades and a very powerful motor.
- Looks good: It is a simple, classic design.
- Expensive: It is an expensive fan primarily because of some features and capabilities that this particular fan sports.
- Height of the ceiling: The ceiling needs to be a minimum of 9 feet in height.
Before You Buy
Such mission ceiling fans bring an extra bit of value to your homes and give that handicraft feel to the room they are installed in, which lends an additional bit of warmth which is always desired and with companies making them affordable as well, there’s no reason to not get one. The oriental look and feel that these fans bring with them adds an aura of calmness and serenity in the room they are installed in. Such fans are often fancied by people who are into minimalism and like to decorate their rooms with oak wood furniture.