Tropical Ceiling Fans Bring Sea Breezes Home
If you’ve been dreaming of gentle ocean breezes and palm leaves waving in the wind, perhaps it’s time to bring home a new ceiling fan. Tropical ceiling fans are available in styles to suit a variety of decors and will most certainly bring a bit of the tropic to your home.
Nearly every popular ceiling fan manufacturer offers some type of tropical fan. Some feature palm shaped blades while other take their colors and vibrant hues from Caribbean inspirations.
At the cute and fun end of the spectrum is the Tropical Bounty 42” ceiling fan. This fan features blades with bright pink exotic flowers against a black background. For even more fun, add the Hawaiian Floral Shirt Tiki Tropical fan light pull. The combo would be perfect for a sunroom or anyone who wants to create a luau atmosphere. Imagine a summer party with this fan swirling above. What a great conversation starter!
The Riviera Crackle West Palm from Progress Lighting is, perhaps, the epitome of what most envision as a exotic styled fan. Its hand carved fan blades are shaped into palm leaves. Misty glass and an aged metal finish complete the scene, straight out of a safari paradise.
Top Three Tropical Ceiling Fans
1. Fanimation Treventi Pewter Amalfi Ceiling Fan
For a modern take on the natural styled fan, Fanimation brings us the Treventi Pewter Finish Amalfi. The Amalfi consists of three sleek palm leaf blades attached to a simple pewter motor housing. The clean lines and bold styling make this exotic style fan an easy fixture to integrate into even the most modern of homes.
- Features Adirondack Pine finish blades and equipped with 3 Speeds with light dimmer.
- Brings a truly marvelous new concept to ceiling fan design.
- The motor is shrouded with your own choice of various decorative covers. In the case of this model, the motor cover is made of ceramic and painted with an interesting geometric pattern.
Consumers may be slightly turned-off about this product being unable to be flush mounted; however the other uses and features of this model would win them somehow.
2. Minka Aire Las Islas Ceiling Fan
- Lends a bit of old world grandeur to a room with its sandy colored blades.
- Includes a halogen light that further adds to the easy ambience the fixture creates.
- It has Atlantis with Bamboo blades.
The Minka Aire Las Islas ceiling fan is an extraordinary example of a natural style fan. It lends a bit of old world grandeur to a room with its baracao finish and sandy colored blades. This flush mount fan includes a halogen light that further adds to the easy ambience this fixture creates.
3. Fanimation Sandella Ceiling Fan
- Has a carved depressed rib pickled oak finish blades.
- It is equipped with 3-speeds with dimmer light and 5 blades.
- This is perfect for indoor use or outside under a covered area.
- It has a quality rating of 5, which is the best.
It has a transitional style but still carries the exotic feel that Fanimation well known for. Being exposed to rain would damage the fan as it is only listed for indoor or covered areas, thus extra care is needed.
Before You Buy
Tropical ceiling fans are not only for general use but can also be used as a home décor to complement a house’s interior design. They come in various sizes and wonderful designs thus consumers can have a wide option when it comes to choosing and buying one in the market. However consumers should bear in mind that these fans are mainly for indoor use and not for outdoors. Thus to avoid damage to this product, they should not be used outdoors at all, not for any reasons.
No matter what your favorite decorating style, you are sure to find an exotic theme fan that will make a perfect addition to your home. Even the most traditional or even the most modern homes can incorporate the relaxation and casual beauty of the tropical fans.